Recently, there’s a big craze with cupcakes because of the unusual and appetizing designs and mouth – watering flavors! There are a lot of cupcake shops all over the world! So, wouldn’t it be awesome to bake and devour a batch of cupcakes for your loved ones?
Nutella Buttercream Frosting
YIELD: 24 cupcakes
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 13-ounce jar of Nutella
pinch of fine grain sea salt
1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
1.5 pounds confectioners’ sugar, sifted
6-8 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and Nutella until well combined, thick and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Slowly add in confectioner’s sugar, and continue mixing until well blended.
2. Add salt, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add an additional 3-5 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk until you reach the desired consistency. Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- This recipe will make enough frosting to generously frost 24 cupcakes or one 9 inch layer cake.
- You can easily adjust the consistency of this recipe by simply adding in more heavy cream or milk.
- Covered and refrigerated frosting can be stored for up to three days. Simply bring it to room temperature and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. You may need to add a couple of teaspoons of heavy cream or milk to revive the consistency.
- Recipe edited 7/1/12: Due to several readers having issues with the thickness of the frosting, we have adjusted the amount of confectioners’ sugar to 1.5 pounds. The thickness of the Nutella Buttercream will also depend on the amount of heavy cream that is added.
Recipe Source: NUTELLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING CUPCAKE RECIPE